Take It Smiling
| WEB DESIGN | PAPER CRAFTING | PHOTOGRAPHY | BEING GREEN | MUSINGS | FIND ME ON THE WEB | WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT |

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Making Memories Button Stickers Made Me Do It

I found a package of faux buttons by Making Memories at Target and I knew I had to have them. I didn't know I'd become obsessed!

As acrylic stickers, they add a layer of dimension to my cards and the colors (pale blue, chartreuse green, ecru and black) are so classy. The line is called "5th Avenue."

Here are the results of my binge...

On the left, I used Stampin' Up! chipboard petals covered in Anna Griffin paper and distressed with SU ink and daubers. Raffia is threaded through the "button" holes. The leaf is also SU chipboard, inked in craft ink and stamped with "unique" from SU's Everyday Flexible Phrases. The bottom ribbon is actually two strips of black and white ribbon sandwiching a strip of crimped black cardstock.

This simple card to the right includes a MM button sticker in chartreuse with raffia tied through, a black cardstock scalloped circle and a squiggle drawn by hand. The "friend" stamp is from SU's Noteworthy set. The card base is an SU Very Vanilla notecard... the whole thing is sweet as can be.

Below are more scalloped circles behind buttons to create flower shapes... can you tell I just purchased the SU scallop punch?


0 comments:

Copyright ©2010 Andrea Diuguid. All content, including text, photographs and concept design elements featured in this blog are © Andrea Diuguid.