Take It Smiling
| WEB DESIGN | PAPER CRAFTING | PHOTOGRAPHY | BEING GREEN | MUSINGS | FIND ME ON THE WEB | WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT |

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Make a Difference: Part I

Whether it’s supporting needy folks in the community and beyond, medical research or environmental issues, I hope to create a forum for giving back… contributing… making a change… for us as women, mothers and residents of Planet Earth.

What can we do to help our world right now? How can we make a difference without even thinking about it? Here are two things we can do NOW:

1. Good Search – Visit
www.goodsearch.com and make it your search engine (they’ll tell you how; it’s easy!) instead of using Google or Yahoo!, for example. GoodSearch will donate to a charity of your choice every time you search! Yes, I said every time you search. Everyday, I look up recipes, gardening tips, school topics for the kids… and every time I do it, I donate to my charity of choice. Can you believe it? GoodSearch passes on a portion of their advertising revenue earned as a result of my search to the charity of my choice! You can also shop through them… by going to www.goodsearch.com, choosing your store of choice (eBay, Nordstrom, Expedia, Old Navy… the list goes on and on), the store will donate a percentage of your purchase to your charity. How cool is that??? Do the online shopping you would do anyway and give back without even thinking about it!

2. Crocs Recycle – Before you throw away those worn out Crocs, consider returning them to Soles United (
www.solesunited.com). They’ll recycle them into new shoes and donate them to people in need around the world!

You can return them two ways –

  • Locally (check their website for locations)
  • By mail to Crocs Recylcing – East1500 Commodity BoulevardLockbourne, Ohio 43137

I hope you find these two tidbits helpful. I look forward to providing even more great information to you in the future.

0 comments:

Copyright ©2010 Andrea Diuguid. All content, including text, photographs and concept design elements featured in this blog are © Andrea Diuguid.