Take It Smiling
| WEB DESIGN | PAPER CRAFTING | PHOTOGRAPHY | BEING GREEN | MUSINGS | FIND ME ON THE WEB | WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT |

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Seasonal Series

I have a tree stamp called Tree Tile by Rubber Soul. I just love it. But, I've always used it in the same way -- StazOn on SU! Glossy White paper, inked in autumn colors with daubers. I've been very happy with the effect... until now.

Mothers and Daughters Creations challenged us to create a table decor item last week. After completing the challenge (and WAHOO! I won), I was inspired and went on to create an image in a frame. The next thing I knew, I was making a series.
At first glance, the series looks like it's about the seasons. And, that's true, that is part of it. But for me, it's about the treatment of the stamped image. I made an effort to treat the image differently in each season:
  • Winter - Stamped in silver on vellum paper, embossed with white sparkly powder
  • Spring - Stamped in brown on white paper, colored with watercolor pencils and blender pens, dotted with permanent marker and hole-punched green DP (which was then covered in sparkles!) WHEW!
  • Summer - Stamped in black on navy paper, covered with hole-punched leaves of two shades of green, two DPs and colored vellum
  • Fall - Stamped on glossy white paper, colored with inked daubers

I really enjoyed creating this... and to think, the frame only cost me $.33.

5 comments:

Robin Wade said...

Beautiful!! Love that tree stamp!! Great job with the challenge!!

Mariana said...

Wow, these are AMAZING, Andrea! Really, I love them. You're so talented!

kristin maynes said...

Visiting from #GNO

Straight to Your Hart said...

Hi..sabrie from twitter!! These are beautiful cards!!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved your 4 seasons prints! They are my favorite of your papercrafting projects (thus far)!!

Copyright ©2010 Andrea Diuguid. All content, including text, photographs and concept design elements featured in this blog are © Andrea Diuguid.